Dealing with a terminal illness isn't easy for anyone. If you need local hospice care for yourself or a loved one, turn to Mission Health Care Services. We emphasize compassion, comfort and dignity at every stage of your illness, especially in the final months.
We'll make sure you maintain the best possible quality of life and receive emotional support for your entire family along the way. Connect with our hospice care practitioners in Centennial, CO today.
Proper hospice care calls for a team effort to meet all of your physical, social and emotional needs. You'll be visited by a...
- Spiritual counselor
- Social worker
Each visitor will come directly to your residence, so you remain as comfortable as possible at every turn. Our providers also offer 24/7 on-call service availability, so you can receive care whenever you need it. Discuss the details of your local hospice care with someone on our staff today.
- Being clinically owned and operated Mission is focused on prioritizing patient care above everything else.
- Mission recognizes the importance of clinical oversight and has been accredited by the Joint Commission.
- Navigating the world of healthcare options can be overwhelming and Mission. Community Liaisons are here to help by meeting with patients and families with in our community.
- Mission is part of a multi-state healthcare organization with the experience to address a wide range of healthcare needs.
- Choosing an agency with multiple care levels ensures that as healthcare needs change you will benefit from continuity of care. Mission offers four levels of service including Home Health, Home Care, Palliative Care, and Hospice Care.
Hospice is a concept of care designed to provide comfort
and support compassionately to patients and their
families when a limiting illness no longer responds to
cure oriented treatment. Hospice care neither prolongs
life nor hastens death, but focuses rather on the quality
of life's possibilities. The goal of hospice is to improve
the quality of a patient's remaining days by delivering
exceptional care with an emphasis in comfort, dignity,
- Improved quality of life
- 24 hour on-call availability of hospice nurse
- Independence and comfort
- Greater pain and symptom control
- Reduced anxiety, fear, and loneliness
- Opportunities to reunite and celebrate with family and friends
- Control over end-of-life decisions
- Support from an interdisciplinary team of trained hospice professionals
- Family-centered approach
- A more dignified, peaceful death in the comfort and privacy of home
- Physician oversight
- Nursing care
- Nurse practitioners
- Certified nursing aides
- Spiritual counseling
- Bereavement services
- Pain management
- Symptom management
- Medical social worker and counseling
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies
- Volunteer services
- Music therapy
- Respite care
- In patient care
- Continuous care
- Medical equipment and supplies
We recognize the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of each person receiving health care in the home. We are devoted to extending the highest level of courtesy, safety and service to patients, family/caregivers, visitors, and each other.
COMMITTED TO CONTINUING EDUCATION
The world of health care is constantly changing, with new technology, new medications and new treatments supplanting the old. Continuing education benefits clinicians by increasing their knowledge, but the ultimate goal of continuing education is to benefit the patient. A clinician who is up-to-date educationally can practice more safely and at a higher professional level.
COMMITTED TO QUALITY OF LIFE AND WELL-BEING
People are more likely to manage their condition properly when they have more accessible healthcare goals instead of focusing only on abstract targets like blood-sugar levels. As a result, that leads to much better health. Numerous studies show that when people have a higher sense of well being, they have fewer hospitalizations and emergency-room visits. Mission is committed to providing our full array of clinical experience and resources to promote quality of life and well being for our patients.
COMMITTED TO CONTINUITY OF CARE
Mission is a provider of four levels of care and is committed to providing continuity throughout each service. Continuity of Care is associated with improved preventive and chronic care services, patient and clinician satisfaction, lower hospital utilization, lower costs, and for elderly patients, lower mortality.